Evaluation World

Foreign Credential Evaluation Service

Educational System in Haiti

There are two educational systems in Haiti – the traditional system and the reform system (1979 Bernard Reform).

1) The Traditional School System

In this system students complete 6 years of Primary School (from age 6 to 12) followed by 3 years of lower secondary education at Secondary Schools (from age 12 to 15) leading to the ‘Brevet Elementaire du Premier Cycle’. This is followed by 4 years of upper secondary education at Secondary Schools (from age 15 to 19) leading to the award of a diploma, the 2nd Baccalauréat or  Baccalauréat II – Advanced Secondary School Leaving Diploma.

2) The Reform System

In the reform system students complete 9 years of basic education at Ecole Fondamentales (from age 6 to 15) leading to the Brevet d’Enseignment Fondamental followed by 3 years of Secondary School (from age 15 to 18) leading to the award of a diploma, the Baccalaureat or Diplome d’Enseignement Secondaire.

Other high school credentials that are equivalent to US high school diplomas include:

Diplôme d’Études Secondaires, 1 ère partie (Diploma of Secondary Studies, Part I) and
Diplôme d’Études Secondaires, 2ème partie (Diploma of Secondary Studies, Part II)

Despite the Bernard Reform, some schools continue to operate under the traditional system of 13 years for pre-university education. Higher education at University level requires study of variable duration from 3 to 5 years for the licence which is equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree, 2 years for the masters (after the licence) which are equivalent to US Master’s degrees, and 6 to 7 years for the doctorate, equivalent of a US Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.). The license is granted only upon the defense of a thesis.

Higher education is provided by the universities and other public and private institutions governed by the Ministry of National Education and Vocational Training (MENFP).

List of accredited institutions of higher education:

  • Higher School of Information Technology (Ecole Supérieure d’Infotronique d’Haïti – ESIH)
  • Inseec Business School  (formerly The Institut des hautes études économiques et commerciales)
  • Institut universitaire Quisqueya-Amérique
  • Haitian Adventist University (Université Adventiste d’Haïti – UNAH)
  • University of Caraibe (Université Caraïbe)
  • Christian University of Northern Haiti (Université Chrétienne du Nord d’Haïti – UCNH)
  • State University of Haiti (Université d’Etat d’Haïti – UEH)
  • Roi Henri Christophe University (Université du Roi Henri Christophe – URHC)
  • Jean Price-Mars University (Université Jean Price-Mars – UPJM)
  • University Notre Dame of Haiti (Université Notre-Dame d’Haïti – UNDH)
  • Quisqueya University (Université Quisqueya – UniQ)

Grade Conversion Scale

Scale 1 Scale 2 Description

U.S. Grade

80 – 100 8 – 10 Très Bien (Very Good)


70 – 79.99 7 – 7.99 Bien (Good)


60 – 69.99 6 – 6.99 Assez bien (Satisfactory)


50 – 59.99 5 – 5.99 Passable (Sufficient)


0 – 49.99 1 – 4.99 Mal (Fail)




  • Filed under: Education
  • High School in the Gambia

    Senior secondary education (Grades 10-12) is for students between the ages of 16 and 19 years.

    At the end of Senior Secondary/High School (twelfth grade), all students take the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, (WASSCE), or International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) for some of the private schools. These exams are given nationwide in May-June each year, but the results are not available until the following October. The minimum university standard for admission to post-secondary education is 5 credits on the WASSCE, including credits in math and English. U.S. universities normally do not admit Gambian students who have not attained at least this level. Students are expected to retake exams in subjects they have failed.

    Credit Grades:
    C4, C5, C6
    Pass Grades:
    D7, E8
    Failing Grade:

    Grade Conversion Scale

    Grade  US Grade
    A1 A+
    B2 A
    B3 B
    B4 B
    C5 C
    C6 C
    D7 D
    D8 D
    F9 F
  • Filed under: High School
  • If you want to pursue further education, get a job or immigrate to the United States of America you would require the services of a foreign credential evaluation agency which would provide you with an evaluation report that states the US equivalence of your foreign education.

    International students seeking admission to colleges or universities in the US are advised to get their transcripts evaluated. A course-by-course evaluation, in addition to the US equivalence of your education, lists the subjects completed in terms of US credit hours and grades with the Grade Point Average (GPA). This enables the college or university to understand what you have studied and determine your eligibility for admission to their degree programs. It also helps them in granting transfer credits for courses already completed so that the student does not have to repeat a course unnecessarily.

    To settle down in the United States you would require a visa issued by the by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  Most visa applicants need a formal credential evaluation stating the US equivalence of your diploma or degree, information of the degree granting institution including its accreditation status and the duration of studies. For employment and immigration a document evaluation should suffice as credit hours and grades are not required generally. You could also opt for an education and work experience evaluation to add up to a bachelor’s degree if you have an incomplete degree or add to a bachelor’s degree to result in a master’s degree equivalence as per USCIS norms.

    The easiest way to look for an agency is to search the internet. A search for a term like “foreign credential evaluation” on Google would throw up a list of agencies providing this service. One of the most important things to look for while choosing a credential evaluation agency is the turnaround time. A slight delay could cost you a semester or your job. Comparing the evaluation fees charged by different companies would show you for instance that while some companies charge you regular fees for a 72-hour service, others may provide you the same turnaround time by charging an astronomical fee for a rush job. You would also be well advised to ask them how long they keep your records to facilitate copies that may be required in future. Several agencies have made the evaluation process very simple by allowing you to order online by submitting an online application and transmitting your documents via file uploads, e-mail or fax. A few of them email or fax the electronic copy of the credential evaluation report for review prior to shipping the hard copy.

    Credential evaluation agencies are independent private entities. There is no governmental body that grants approval to agencies that offer credential evaluation services. The agency or their evaluators are generally members of one or more of professional associations like NAFSA (NAFSA: Association of International Educators), AACRAO (American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers), EAIE (European Association of International Education), AEA (American Evaluation Association), AMIDEAST (America-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Inc.) and AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators) to name a few.


    The United States offers a wide range of options to the international student and opens a new world of opportunities to grow personally and professionally. US universities are renowned for their facilities, faculty and resources. Course choices are very flexible and one can easily move from one college to another.

    University admission requires completion of 12 years of primary and secondary education culminating in a high school diploma. Admissions criteria involve the students’ GPA, class ranking, and scores at the Scholastic Aptitude Test I (SAT I) and the American College Test (ACT). International students need to submit a high school equivalency report from a foreign credential evaluation agency.

    Students who have completed high school can pursue post-secondary education at a college or university leading to a bachelor’s degree in a field of concentration known as a major. There are schools that offer either a two-year degree (called an associate degree) or a four-year degree (called a bachelors degree) in a specific course of study. International students can transfer to a US college or university by submitting a course-by-course evaluation report that shows the equivalence of the courses completed in their country in terms of U.S. courses, semester credit hours and grades.

    After obtaining an initial undergraduate degree a student can proceed to the second stage of university education which consists of the Master’s degree, as well as other postgraduate Diploma or Certificate courses. Master’s programs are designed for two years of full-time study, which includes the completion of a research thesis. Many graduate and law schools do not require experience after earning a bachelor’s degree to enter their programs; however, business school candidates are usually required to gain a few years of professional work experience before applying.

    Students who want to advance their education beyond the master’s level in a specific field can pursue a doctorate degree, also called a PhD. A PhD degree can take between three and six years to complete, depending on the student’s educational background. The Ph.D. degree is awarded after writing a dissertation on an original piece of significant research and successfully defending the work before a panel of faculty members who specialize in the discipline. The doctoral degree is designed to train research scholars and, in many cases, future college and university faculty members.

    Certain courses like law, dentistry, pharmacy and medicine are are offered as graduate study after earning at least three years of undergraduate schooling or after earning a bachelor’s degree depending on the program. These professional fields do not require a specific undergraduate major, though medicine, pharmacy, and dentistry have set prerequisite courses that must be taken before enrollment. Some of these programs have formal apprenticeship procedures like residency and internship which must be completed after graduation.

  • Filed under: Education
  • As of January 04, 2010, USCIS has received following no. of applications:
    • Advance degree cap of 20,000 has been reached.

    Cases filed for those with advanced U.S. degrees are counted against the regular cap.

    • Regular cap count – 55,800; Regular cap limit – 65,000
    As can be seen from above the H-1 B cap quota is close to being exhausted. The persons who want to apply in this year’s quota can start the processing now. Click here for a foreign credential evaluation for the H-1B Visa.

    National accreditation focuses on for-profit, career-oriented schools that may offer technical or career programs.

    List of National Accrediting Agencies:

    Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine

    Feel free to contact Evaluation World, a foreign credential evaluation service, for assistance.

  • Filed under: Accreditation
  • Regional Accreditation

    To be accredited, a school/college must meet the standards of its accrediting agency. Join a program only if your school is accredited by one of the six regional accrediting organizations co-ordinated by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) :

    New England Association of Schools & Colleges, Inc. (NEASC)
    NEASC serves some 1,899 public and independent schools, colleges and universities in the six states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont and 138 American/International schools around the globe.

    North Central Association of Schools and Colleges (NCA)
    A non-governmental, voluntary organization that accredits more than 9,000 public and private schools in 19 states (Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Navajo Nation, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming) and the Department of Defense Dependents’ Schools worldwide.

    Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA)
    An organization that accredits schools in Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands.

    Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
    The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools is the recognized regional accrediting body in the eleven U.S. Southern states (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia)

    Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
    Accredits institutions in California and Hawaii, the territories of Guam, American Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Palau, Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands, the Pacific Basin, and East Asia, and areas of the Pacific and East Asia.

    The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
    Accredits institutions in the seven-state Northwest region of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington

    Earning a degree from a school accredited by one of these organizations will ensure wide acceptance of your credentials by employers. Attending and graduating from an accredited institution can make the difference between getting hired or not.

    Feel free to contact Evaluation World, a foreign credential evaluation agency, for assistance.

  • Filed under: Accreditation
  • A credential evaluation of your foreign bachelor’s degree from a foreign credential evaluation service like Evaluation World LLC is required for admission to a master’s degree program in a college or university, immigration or employment in the United States. The following are some of the Diplomas and Certificates from foreign countries that can be evaluated as the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in the United States. The list is not exhaustive and there could be other qualifications in these countries that are also equivalent to the US bachelor’s degree.

    Afghanistan: Bachelor, Leicanc (Bachelor, Licence)
    Albania: Diplômë / Bakelorë (Diploma, Bachelor)
    Algeria: Licence, Diplôme d’Etudes Superieures/DES (Higher Studies Diploma), Diplôme d’ingéniorat / d’ingénieur d’état / de l’Institut (Dipl.Ing.) (Diploma of Engineer, State / Institute Diploma of Engineer)
    Angola: Licenciado (Lic.) (Licentiate)
    Argentina: Bachiller / Bachillerato universitario (Bachelor), Licenciado (Lic) (Licentiate)
    Armenia: Bakalavri Kochum, Specialist Diploma
    Australia: Bachelor degree (4 year or Honours), Master’s Qualifying Year (MQY) following a 3 year Bachelor’s degree
    Austria: Bakkalaureus (Bachelor)
    Azerbaijan: Bakalavr
    Bahamas: Bachelor degree awarded by the University of the West Indies
    Bahrain: Bachelor degree
    Bangladesh: Bachelor degree (4 year program or more), Master of Arts/Science/Commerce
    Belarus: Baklavar, Specialist Diploma, Diplom o Vyshem Obrazovanii
    Belgium: Candidature, Baccalaureate, Licence, Diplôme d’ Etudes Supérieures Spécialisées
    Benin: Diplôme universitaire d’études littéraires/scientifiques, Diplôme d’études supérieures (DES) (Diploma of Advanced Studies)
    Bhutan: Post Graduate Diploma
    Bolivia: Licenciatura/Licenciado (Lic.) (Licence), Titulo profesional (Professional Title)
    Bosnia and Herzegovina: Diploma Visokog Obrazovanja
    Botswana: Bachelor degree
    Brazil: Bacharel / Bacharelado, Licenciado / Licenciatura (Bach., Lic.)(Bachelor’s / Licenciate)
    Brunei: Bachelor degree
    Bulgaria: Bakalavr
    Burkina Faso: Diplôme d’études universitaires générales (DEUG) (Diploma of GeneralUniversity Studies), Licence (Lic.) (Licence)
    Burma (Myanmar): Bachelor degree (4 year or Honours)
    Burundi: Diplôme (Dipl.) (Diploma), Licence (Lic.) (Licence)
    Cambodia: Bachelor degree, Licence
    Cameroon: Licence, Bachelor degree following GCE Advanced Levels
    Carribean Countries: Caribbean Examinations Council Secondary Education Certificate (CxC)/ GCE “O” Levels
    Central African Republic: Diplôme supérieur de gestion (DSG) (Higher Diploma of Management), Licence (Lic) (Licence), Diplôme d’ingénieur (DiplIng) (Diploma of Engineer)
    Chad: Licence (Lic) (Licence)
    Chile: Licenciado/Licenciatura (Lic.) (Licence), Titulo profesional (Professional Title)
    China, People’s Republic of: Bachelor degree, (Dip) (Diploma of Graduation)
    Colombia: Licenciado / Licenciatura (Lic) (Licenciate)
    Congo, Democratic Republic of the: Licence (Lic) (Licence), Diplôme d’études supérieures (DES) (Diploma of Higher Studies)
    Costa Rica: Bachiller / Bachillerato universitario (BachU) (UniversityBachelor / Baccalaureate), Licenciado / Licenciatura (Lic) (Licenciate), Titulo de (Title of)
    Croatia: Diploma diplomaskog studija
    Cuba: Licenciado / Doctorado (Lic/Doc) (Licenciate), Diplomado / Titulo profesional (Dip, Tit) (Diplomate/Professional Title)
    Cyprus: Bachelor’s Degree
    Czech Republic: Bakalar (Bachelor), Inženýr (Engineer)
    Denmark: Candidatus Degree
    Dominican Republic: Licenciado / Licenciatura (Lic) (Licentiate), Ingeniero (Ing) (Engineer)
    Ecuador: Licenciado (Lic) (Licentiate), Titulo profesional (Professional Title), Ingeniero (Ing) (Engineer)
    Egypt: Bakalourious (Bachelor)
    Estonia: Bakalaureusekraad, Bachelor Degree
    Ethiopia: Bachelor Degree
    Fiji: Bachelor Degree
    Finland: Kandidaatti/Kandidat
    France: Licence (Lic) (Licentiate), Certificat / Diplôme de fin d’études (Cert, Dip) (Certificate / Diploma of Competed Studies)
    Gabon: Licence ès lettres (LL) (Licentiate in Letters), Diplôme d’ingénieur (DI, DiplIng) (Diploma of Engineer)
    Ghana: West African School Certificate/ GCE “O” Levels
    Guinea: Baccalauréat
    Georgia: Attestat o srednem obrazovanii (Certificate of Secondary Education)
    Germany: Bakkalaureus (Bachelor)
    Ghana: Bachelor Degree
    Greece: Bachelor Degree, Ptychion (4 year program)
    Guatemala: Baccalaureus (Baccalaureate), Licenciado (Lic) (Licentiate)
    Honduras: Bachiller universitario (University Bachelor), Licenciatura (Lic) (Licentiate), Titulo de (Title of)
    Hong Kong: Bachelor Degree
    Hungary: Egyetemi Oklevél (Ok) (University Diploma),
    Iceland: Kandidatsprof/Candidatus, Bachelor degree
    India: Bachelor Degree (4 year program) or 3 year Bachelor Degree plus 1 year Post Graduate Diploma (PGDIP)
    Indonesia: Sarjana
    Iran: Karshenasi / Lesans (Licentiate), Bachelor Degree
    Iraq: Bachelor Degree
    Ireland: Bachelor Degree
    Israel: Boger ravuach universita (Bachelor Degree)
    Italy: Laurea
    Ivory Coast: Licence / Licence es lettres (Lic / LL) (Licentiate / Licentiate in Letters)
    Japan: Gakushi Shogo (Bachelor’s Degree)
    Jordan: Bachelor Degree
    Kazakstan: Bakalavr (Bachelor), Diplom Specialista (Specialist Diploma)
    Kenya: Bachelor Degree
    Korea: Haksa (Bachelor)
    Kyrgyzstan: Bakalavr (Bachelor), Diplom Specialista (Specialist Diploma)
    Laos: Licence (Lic) (Licentiate)
    Latvia: Bakalaurs (Bachelor)
    Lebanon: Licence (Lic) (Licentiate), Bachelor Degree
    Lesotho: Bachelor Degree
    Liberia: Bachelor Degree
    Libya: Bachelor Degree
    Lithuania: Bakalaurs (Bachelor)
    Macedonia: Bachelor/Diplomiran
    Madagascar: Licence (Lic) (Licentiate), Diplôme d’ingénieur
    Malawi: Bachelor Degree
    Malaysia: Bacelor / Sarjana Muda (Bachelor)
    Mali: Diplôme de l’école normale supérieure (DENS) (Diploma of the HigherNormal School) , Diplôme d’ingénieur des sciences appliquées (DISA/DI) (Diploma ofEngineer of Applied Sciences)
    Malta: Bachelor Degree
    Mauritius: Bachelor Degree
    Mexico: Licenciado (4 year), Titulo (4 year)
    Moldova: Diplom inzhiner (DI) (Engineer’s Diploma)
    Mongolia: Diploma of Specialist, Bachelor Degree
    Morocco: Licence (Lic) (Licentiate)
    Mozambique: Licenciatura (Lic) (Licentiate)
    Namibia: Bachelor Degree
    Nepal: Bachelor Degree (4 year program), Master Degree following a 2 or 3 year bachelor Degree
    Netherlands: Baccalaureus (Baccalaureate), Ingenieur (Ing), Getuigschrift Hoger Beroepsonderwijs (HBO – 4 year program)
    New Zealand: Bachelor Degree
    Nicaragua: Licencia / Licenciado / Licenciatura ( (Licentiate), Arquitecto (Architect), Ingeniero (Ing) (Engineer)
    Niger: Licence ès … (Lic) (Licentiate in …)
    Nigeria: Bachelor Degree
    Norway: Adjunkt (Accountant), Arkitekt (Architect), Candidatus magisterii (Cand.mag.) (Candidate Master), Sykepleierske (Nurse)
    Oman : Bachelor Degree
    Pakistan : Bachelor degree (4 years or 3 years + 1 year of Honours), Bachelor of Engineering, Master’s degree (2 years following a 2 or 3 year bachelor degree).
    Panama: Licenciado (Lic) (Licenciate), Titulo profesional (Professional Title), Tecnologia (Technologist)
    Papua New Guinea: Bachelor Degree
    Paraguay: Licenciado (Lic) (Licenciate), Ingeniero (Ing)
    Peru: Bachiller académico, Licenciado (Lic) (Licentiate), Titulo profesional (Professional Title)
    Philippines: Bachelor Degree
    Poland: Magister (Mag) (Master)
    Portugal: Licenciado (Lic) (Licentiate)
    Qatar: Bachelor Degree
    Romania: Diploma de Licenta/Diploma de Inginer (minimum of 4 years)
    Russian Federation: Bakalavr, Specialist Diploma
    Rwanda: Licence (Lic) (Licentiate), Diplôme d’ingénieur / Ingéniorat (DipIng, Ing) (Engineer)
    Saudi Arabia: Bachelor Degree
    Senegal: Licence (Lic) (Licentiate), Diplôme d’ingénieur (DipIng) (Diploma of Engineer)
    Sierra Leone: Bachelor Degree
    Singapore: Bachelor Degree
    Slovak Republic:Bakalar, Magister (Mag) (Master)
    Slovenia: Diplomirani (Qualification/Graduate)
    Solomon Islands: Bachelor Degree
    Somalia: Bachelor Degree, Laurea
    South Africa: Baccalaureus (Baccalaureate) (Bachelor), Higher Diploma, National Higher Diploma
    South Korea: Senior High School Diploma
    Spain: Licenciado (L, Lic) (Licentiate), Arquitecto (Arq) (Architect), Ingeniero (Ing) (Engineer)
    Sri Lanka: Bachelor Degree, Higher National Diploma (HND)
    Sudan: Bachelor Degree, Advanced Diploma (AdvDip)
    Swaziland: Bachelor Degree
    Sweden: Magisterexamen, Yrkesexamen (professional exam) awarded after a minimum of 160 credit points (4 years)
    Switzerland: Lizentiat, Licence, Bachelor Degree (4 year program)
    Syria: Bachelor Degree
    Taiwan: Bachelor Degree
    Tajikistan: Bakalavr, Diploma of Specialist
    Tanzania: Bachelor Degree
    Thailand: Bachelor Degree
    Togo: Licence (Lic) (Licentiate)
    Tunisia: Licence (Lic) (Licentiate)
    Turkey: Lisans Diplomasi / Bachelor (Licentiate Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree)
    Turkmenistan: Bakalavr (Bachelor)
    Uganda: Bachelor Degree
    Ukraine: Dyplom Bakalavra, Dyplom Spetsialista
    United Arab Emirates: Bachelor degree, Licentiate
    United Kingdom: Bachelor Degree
    United Kingdom: Bachelor Degree
    US Virgin Islands: Bachillarato Diversificado de Ensenanza Secundaria
    Uzbekistan: Bakalavr, Specialist Diploma
    Venezuela: Licenciado (Lic) (Licentiate), Ingeniero (Ing) (Engineer)
    Vietnam: Cu Nhan / Bang Tôt Nghiêp Dai Hoc Licence (Lic) Bachelor (BA, BS) (Bachelor’s Degree / Licentiate / Diploma of Higher Education Graduate)
    Yemen: Bachelor Degree
    Zambia: Bachelor Degree
    Zimbabwe: Bachelor Degree


    Foreign Transcript Evaluation

    A course-by-course, foreign transcript evaluation from a credential evaluation agency is required for college or university admission in the United States for course work completed at an institution in a country other than the United States. Foreign education is evaluated by independent private agencies who provide foreign credential evaluation services.

    A  foreign transcript evaluation lists the courses the applicant has taken, the level of education, the number of years completed and the specialization in addition to the grades, the semester credit hours and the GPA equivalence in the United States. Course by course education evaluations are primarily used for continuation of education, including high school admission and college or university admission. An accurate and fair evaluation report can play a vital role in deciding your future.

    Typically, a foreign transcript evaluation report states the following:

    • Dates of attendance and institution location
    • Profile of the institution and programs (entrance criteria, status of the institution in this country, typical and real length of study)
    • U.S. equivalent of each level of study and credential earned
    • List of courses/ subjects studied, major/ minor or area of concentration
    • US semester credit hours for each course studied based on instruction hours (lectures, laboratory, independent supervised course projects)
    • U.S. letter grades A, B, C, D, F for each course evaluated
    • Overall U.S. Grade Point Average (G.P.A.)

    Under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), certain citizens of Canada and Mexico are eligible to enter the U.S. to work temporarily under non-immigrant TN status.

    The following are the requirements to be eligible for the TN Visa:

    • The profession must be on the NAFTA list.
    • The foreign national must possess the necessary education or training for that profession.
    • The proposed position must be classified as a professional position.
    • The foreign national must work for a U.S. employer.

    Canadian citizens need not file a petition for employment; they must simply obtain TN status at a port of entry. Unlike Canadian citizens, Mexican applicants must apply at the U.S. consulate in their home country.

    Degrees, diplomas, or certificates awarded by an educational institution outside the United States, Canada, or Mexico must be accompanied by an evaluation by a credential evaluation service specializing in evaluating foreign documentation. You can order a credential evaluation for the TN Visa at Evaluation World.